Saturday 8 November 2014

Animation Project: Classical Elements, Idea

From the ideas I brainstormed, I thought about each one carefully and chose the one I thought would be the right mixture of ambitious and interesting to make and plan, so I finally have the foundation of my animated short. Featuring the element, water, I plan to look a little more at the different forms water can take and produce an interaction between two simplistic viking-esque warriors made of ice. I planned to play with the idea that the ice that they are made of will be melting as the who characters square of an advance towards each other. weapons held up and charging, their legs, which are made of ice will be slowly melting until they each other and will be composed only of a torso. At this point they will be stationary, blindly swinging their swords or axes until they two finally collide at the same time and their ice bodies shatter. If there is enough time left in the animation, I will also add a sequence to end the animation, where the ice their bodies was made of melts and they reform, only smaller due to the lack of volume this time.

The reason I went for this, is because I thought I would try and stray outside of the idea of only using the obvious answer to solve the brief, as well as this I thought I could attempt something slightly humorous in the writing since everything I've made so far has been of a quite serious nature, including the story I have lined up for the '5-10 second animation brief'.

I have drawn a couple of designs up for the way I want the characters to look like and a tiny sequence of their movement to get an idea for myself, of how I want the final animation to look. I will have to keep the character design fairly simple, so that the frames are fairly easy to draw out and produce over and over, so finding the balance between interesting, original and reasonably simple is the important thing when designing them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment