Saturday 1 November 2014

Flipbooks Part II

After the 'bouncing ball' task, I wanted to take what I'd learnt and make a new animation based on that one, so I could test myself a little further. So I took the bouncing ball animation I did and extended it using Photoshop in order to further my understanding and ability of flipbook style animation and animation in general.I wanted to be very experimental and free with this animation, so I let my imagination run away with me a little and not constrain myself in terms of what could be done. So I was trying to be creative and test myself whilst having fun at the same time. The idea for the animation wasn't one I had in mind from the beginning but rather I made it up as I went along and let it just flow. The final animation consists of two balls colliding, one very light and one quite heavy as if it was made of a lead like material, so the lighter ball bounces off the heavier one where as the heavier ball basically continues on its line of trajectory. The idea is very simple and overall it was fun to make something without working to a particular brief, I learnt a lot from the experimentation.

The main idea behind this animation was taking the same principles learnt during the first flipbook task and making it more complex and moving forward from there. This was the reason I chose to experiment with multiple objects, collisions and the interaction of different materials to see what I could achieve. Overall I learnt a lot by doing this and can build upon this by continuing to test myself. 

Two Bouncing Balls Interacting

No comments:

Post a Comment