Monday 18 April 2016

OUAN505 - Final Animatic

Using the final storyboard as a starting point and each panel as essentially a place holder for each scene in the animation I created a new animatic to serve as a direct reference for the group during the production process. I actually figured out a much quicker way to make an animatic using storyboard panels than the method I previously used. Previously I would cut all of the panels out of the storyboard and cut them onto separate layers using Photoshop, before importing the Photoshop file into After Effects to order them. Finally to make sure the timings were accurate I imported this file onto Premiere Pro and adjusted the scenes to fit the timing of the narration. This was a very laborious process for a task that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to an hour maximum. This time I separated the scenes just like I did previously in Photoshop but this time imported the document into Premiere Pro with the layers separated so that I could move each scene individually. The advantage of doing things this way was that it essentially skipped the process of arranging all of the separate scenes in After Effects and saved about half the total time of the process. So this is the method that I intent to use from now on if I'm using a storyboard as the source of the scenes for an animatic.

Overall, I'm relatively please with the aesthetic of the animatic and final storyboard. Furthermore I'm satisfied that the timings of different scenes, both the transitions and the durations of the scenes themselves fit well with the audio that we recorded. This should prove to be a reliable reference when animating in the production stage and working out timings and lengths for the scenes we're working on. I also think that it has encompassed a good range of different scenes and shots whilst finding a balance of shot duration throughout the animation, meaning that the audience will be able to view each scene on an individual basis without them coming stale for being too long. I owe this also to the pacing of the narration that was devised earlier in the project by our group.


No comments:

Post a Comment