Monday 8 December 2014

OUAN05 - Establishing Perspective - The Classical Elements

Whilst I was working on the final version of my environment I noticed that the perspective was perhaps a little off considering the context of the story. By this I mean that the camera angle was a little bit too high and was almost looking down on the characters rather than at body level to them like I had imagined. I decided I could try and alter the perspective slightly using the tools on photoshop and try to skew the perspective of the image slightly. Also, to make sure the effort of making the original image didn't go to waste, I thought I could perhaps still use the high shot to 'set the scene' or at least use the shot to show the audience the scene itself. I had the idea to start the animation here and show some leaves moving across the screen, I think this would be a nice opening to the animation but could also be quite an atmospheric clip to add to the final animation.

Overall, although I like the scene depicting the Japanese town, I don't think it is a suitable location for the fight sequence to take place. Although I'm creating more work than I should of had to do if I'd managed to pull off the original background image I think having just one extra shot of this scale to set the scene to the audience and immerse them in the location is worth it, even if the whole animation is only twenty seconds long. Over the next day in my free time I will design and create a new scene for the action to take place, my initial ideas are that it could take place on a bridge or under an archway, which I have drawn up a very quick, rough sketch for. In order to adapt this better to the current environment I would alter the colour scheme to be more in line with the current one to keep the feel of the animation and in turn make the change between scenes seem more natural and realistic because of the lack of contrast in backgrounds.

Once the final scene background is drawn out and colour is added I plan to then start the actual storyboard for the animation. I have in my head a good idea of how I want to use each scene and the use of camera angles, transitions and the overall flow of the animation, but I think having a story board is really important to keep you on track and to know exactly what is going on, so before I start producing the characters on the backgrounds I'll do a few drafts of the storyboard and choreograph the fight sequence, so that I'm prepared mentally for drawing out the frames and also, making sure no time is wasted when animating. So creating the storyboard is the next step using the ideas I have gathered so far and the backgrounds I have created as a basis for it. 


Scene 1, Final


Scene 1, Perspective Change


Concept, New Environment

No comments:

Post a Comment